Thursday, May 26, 2011

How many girls does it take...?

We got up around 7 I think. We showered, ate and cleared e-mail. I also deleted the same old spam that I get multiples of everyday. Is there nothing new in spamworld? I carried my bags of fabric for class to my car in the parking lot and returned to the apartment. Michele went to college and the rest of us piled into Chris's car and attempted to leave the city with the help of the GPS. Ha! Eventually we did make it out, and we headed roughly north. Al wanted to see the place where he was stationed for a month back in 1962. However the terrain had changed too much, and we were unable to locate anything familiar to him. So we headed back to Seoul. We were in time to have a late lunch. That's when I realized that the playground in the courtyard was empty. So I went down there with a book, sat on the low bench and buried my feet in the sand while I read. I read for over an hour undisturbed. Then a boy on a bike showed up and stared at me. It took me a moment to realize that I had seen him before - while doing math rotations on Wednesday. When he realized who I was, he told me all about where he lived, and his bike and helmet, and how fast he could ride, etc. It took a while to dawn on me that he wasn't in school during school hours. But he said he wasn't allowed on the class field trip so he stayed home today. Then I went inside to eat lunch. I cleared a bunch of e-mail, mostly by deleting it without reading it. I was toying with a headache, so I laid down for awhile, until 5:30. I had a bite to eat and went to the SPC for class. I was early so I set up all the 'stuff' and put out the fabric. Shannon came with two other girls to finish her pillowcase. And the three of them worked on it together. I had to redo some of it, but it worked out fine. Other people completed pillowcases too, so now I have to count them and see if there are enough to ship. Probably not. I got home a little after 9 to see the family watching "Stripes". So I sat and watched too. It contained some scenes Chris swears he does not remember from watching it years ago. When it was over, I decided to post to my blog and go to bed. What am I forgetting? Oh yeah, gotta soak the bean sprouts.

No comments: