Saturday, May 14, 2011

Riding and skating

I stayed in bed after Chris got up to play with the voices. I took a few minutes to do a new kind of meditation. This is one where you lay quietly and concentrate on one body part at a time until you can feel your pulse in it. Hands and feet are the easiest. I can also feel it in my face and arms. I am still working on the forehead and legs. After meditating, I fixed breakfast and read my e-mail. Because my hari was dry and unmanageable, I put some coconut oil on my hair while I did a Sudoku puzzle. Then I took a shower. I got dressed and took my bike to a different bike shop. I thought they would put a new rim on it, but the guy just tweaked the spokes with the neatest little tool, and wouldn't charge me. As I rode away, I noticed that the wheel was rubbing the frame. So I took it back, he fixed it, and I insisted on paying. Then I took the bike home. I called Julia, but she was not up to hiking as we had planned, so I read some more e-mail and had lunch. I was supposed to meet Helen at Oksu between 2 and 3, so I left about 1:30. I got to the river at 1:40 and it only took me 15 minutes to ride to Oksu. So I was there early, and with the inline skates that she had lent me. When she came, we did some skating and some sweeping of the oval where we were skating. It did not take long for my ankles to tire of it. Then we walked up a steep ramp and found a bike rental place up there. We walked around the area looking for a place to eat. A young woman named Dylan (not her Korean name) helped us out. We sat to chat and eat at a leisurely pace. Then we parted ways. Helen went on the train, and I went back to the riverwalk to ride home. I was tired and the skates (in a backpack) on my back didn't help. So I stopped twice along the way. But eventually I made it home. Helen and I had had a discussion about seats with springs being so much more comfortable. So I took the seat from the other bike and exchanged it for the one I had been riding one (which has no springs and becomes quite uncomfortable after a few minutes of riding). Michele, her friend, and Chris had just gotten back from seeing a movie. Chris cooked supper while we talked, and put on a movie. When that movie was over, we put on another. Turned out to be "Push". And then it was time for bed.
* Part of the river walk *

No comments: