Monday, May 9, 2011

The Very Quiet Quilters

When I arrived at the SPC this morning, the room across the hall was occupied with high school students taking a test. They did not have a sign on the door, so I didn't realize at first that we needed to be quiet. As ladies showed up, we told them about the testing next door. Finally I put a sign on their door so everyone would know. Well, it was warm and muggy today. Even though we opened our windows, it did not help because it was the same outside. So the kids across the hall opened their door. In order not to disturb them, we closed our doors. I took my shoes off just to be a little cooler and because they squeaked.
Cathy did a demonstration on pinwheel blocks and quilts. We had an unwanted fabric exchange. And then we worked on baby quilts. We only finished 5, but have a bunch almost ready for next week. We were done and packed up before 3.
I went to the AnC center to turn in the minutes for April. Ms. Pak wasn't there, but I left it on her desk. Then I sat at the picnic table out back to read for a bit. I figured it would rain any minute. But what ran me off was the bevy of men with weed eaters, buzzing loudly and kicking up dirt and grass. I went home. I read my e-mail, and did two meditation sessions. Chris came home during the second one. We talked for a bit, and then I fixed myself some supper and juiced up the veggies for this week's round of veggie pops. The three of us watched "The Last Starfighter" courtesy of Netflix. They are working hard to prepare for an rpg tomorrow with their new friend Dave. I am going to bed. Gotta get up early to figure out what an Aloha outfit is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Fern you're so funny. You know all you need is a flowery type shirt and you're in an Aloha shirt. A plain, solid shirt with a shell necklace is fine,too. Anything that looks tropical is just fine. Enjoy the luncheon!!
p.s. rec'd charm squares today.
Thanks a bunch!! AL from CA

Patty Feller said...

I am in Suwon for the next 2 weeks. I would like to visit the Happy Quilt in Pyeongtaek. This is my first visit to Korea so I am not familiar with the area. Can you tell me the closest subway stop for Happy Quilt? Do you know if the taxi drivers are familiar with the location? I hear there is great quilt fabric shopping here. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks Patty

Fern said...

Patty,
The closest stop is Songtan, and you can take a taxi from there. But I don't know how to tell the taxi man where to go. You would need a copy of the Happy Quilt business card, and I don't have one.

Patty Feller said...

Thank you so much for the information. I am enjoying reading about your Korean adventures. Thanks again for your help.