Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hair Cut

Awoke early (before 6) thinking that my phone was ringing, but when I got up to check, there was no call. So I went back to bed. We got up too late for breakfast, but we made church. It was Stan and Beth's last Sunday so we stayed late to talk. Then we went to the salon where I get my hair cut. They said it'd be half an hour before Nancy could cut my hair, so we went to the PX. Then we sat for quite a while. Finally I told Chris to go. He went to work to check e-mail. When Nancy cut my hair, she told me to tell my husband that I look good in short hair. She also said that when I came three years ago, I had no gray hair, and now she has to shave it off the back of my neck. I DID have some gray three years ago, just not as much as now. I called Chris when she finished, and he came to get me. We went to the commissary for groceries, then picked up Mary Ann and drove home. She sewed some more on her quilt top until my student came. Then she visited with the cats until I was finished. When Heidi left, Mary Ann finished her borders while I ironed more damp fabric and gave Chris a haircut. After she went home, we had supper (pork with homemade barbeque sauce!). I finished ironing the fabrics while watching TV. Then a Harry Potter marathon came on. I cut out a pair of white shorts and started sewing. Then Chris came in to kiss me goodnight, and I had to quit to blog and make his sandwich.
* Here is an Egyptian themed quilt from Tokyo *

No comments: