Saturday, July 30, 2011

Last day for swimming


We slept in for a bit. I wanted to get up early, but Chris had other ideas. When I did get up, I ate breakfast and checked my e-mail until Chris was ready to have his computer back. Then I put on my bathing suit and went out for a swim. The water was almost warm, and mostly clear. I had a good time. After what seemed like a long time, James and Becca came out. So did the kids and Cecily. Even Alfred came out for a while. There was one jelly fish floating around (dead). He caught it and buried it up on the beach so we could all relax. When the others went in with the kids, I stayed behind chatting with Cecily. It was almost noon when we came in. I took a shower and went upstairs for lunch. Michele had made kimchi chigae again. But she wasn't in the kitchen. She and Chris were in her room playing with other 'voices'. After lunch I worked some Sudoku puzzles. Around 4 Cecily went to the pool with the kids. I noticed that the waves had gotten bigger, probably due to the boats that were tugging the pipe around. So I suited up and went back to the beach. It was wonderful! The sun wasn't so hot, the water temp was great, and the waves were way more interesting than this morning. I wore a t-shirt over my suit 'cause I was looking a little red. Well, better to burn on the last day than on the first. I was having so much fun, that I didn't notice the wind picking up. Then it was warmer to stay in the water than to get out. But after a while I was so tired that I had to get out. The hot sand under my feet helped to warm me up. I came in and stripped. Chris was computing on the bed, so I lay beside him and did another puzzle. It was a 16x16. When Michele announced that supper was almost ready, I got dressed and went up. Most of the leftovers in the fridge were laid out on the bar. We each got a plate and ate whatever we felt like eating. We cleaned up a lot. After supper, Cecily went through the rest of the food, throwing out what she didn't want to take home. We did some laundry and ran the vacuum in the bedrooms. Some things got packed in the cars, ready for us to leave tomorrow morning. When Chris finished with his computer, he let me borrow it for my blog.
* Tugboats trying to get the pipe properly situated. *

No comments: