Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mary Ann's quilt in progress

I got up this morning expecting an e-mail from Julia saying when we were to meet. But there wasn't any. After checking e-mail and putting out cat food, still no e-mail. As it was raining, I thought that maybe she changed her mind, so I ate breakfast. Then she called to say we should meet at a particular restaurant for brunch. Ok. It would have been a long walk, but I took bus 730 to Noksapyong station, and then walked from there. She was going to take a cab, so I thought I had to hurry, but the cabs were hard to get so she arrived 20 minutes later. I watched her enjoy Shrimp Benedict while I sipped water. Then we called a cab to meet us at the kimchi pot gate (across the street from where we were sitting). The cab dropped us off at the thrift shop. The manager was planning a $2 sale, but canceled it because of the rain. So no sale. But Julia bought several pairs of pants. Then I walked with her to gate 52. We chatted for a bit, then she walked towards Itaewon Acres, and I headed home. Mary Ann called to say she was coming, so I finished ironing my stack of damp fabric to get it out of the way. She brought me two bouquets of flowers and a carton of tomatoes, arriving just as Chris and Michele were leaving for a movie. They all helped me switch the silk rug in the living room to the previous one. Mary Ann worked on her quilt while I watched and gave advice. She had added two border strips when it was time for her to leave. When the laundry in the washer was finished, I put it in the dryer and added a load of fabrics. I went downstairs to the courtyard to read for half an hour. I did not see Chris and Michele go by, but they were in the apt when I returned. I partially dried the fabric and folded it to be ironed later. We ate supper and they put on Lord of the Rings. There went my chances to get anything done. Now it's time for bed. What a wasted evening.

No comments: