Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rain

It was not raining this morning but I got an e-mail from Chris saying that it would later. I checked my e-mail and had breakfast. I went to the thrift shop at 11. There were books to shelve, and when I had time, I reduced the price of books-on-tape 'cause they weren't selling. I checked out what I thought was an inversion table, but it was just some ab exercise thing. Mr. Kim had brought the staff a watermelon and for some reason they gave it to me. I bought a large stainless steel pot, put the watermelon on top, and carried it out. But it was raining hard then, so Geri came with me to hold the umbrella. I wanted to buy some shelves that Mary Ann had donated to the thrift shop, so I picked her up at the DHL and brought her back. She was going to help me take them home, but she said if they got wet, they'd be unuseable, so I decided to get them on a sunnier day. We went back to my house. She visited with the cats while I ate lunch/supper. Then we sewed, trying but failing to keep Cinnamon out. Chris came home with stamps, which she and I both needed. I fixed my umbrella with a pin stuck through the supports and curled around. (It pays to have a well-stocked sewing room). We finished up sewing, and went to the SPC. She helped me set up tables and stuff. Others arrived to help and I was please that they did, until I discovered that they weren't early. Setting up must have taken a lot longer than I thought. I worked on my current purse while the others worked on theirs. Most people were working on the straps by the end of class. We cleaned up and left. It wasn't raining so hard then. I came home and had two veggie pops. I checked e-mail, and finished a double Sudoku puzzle. Then I made the sandwich and was going to quickly blog, but Windows XP wasn't cooperating. I had to restart twice and wait a really long time before I could open Firefox or Windows Explorer. In fact, I was writing my blog by hand, intending to post it tomorrow when it finally came up.

No comments: