Monday, July 18, 2011

Packing for the trip

Got out of bed early to clean. I washed the bathroom sink and toilet, and the mirror. Then I wiped the countertops in the kitchen. I sliced some cheese cubes for lunch. Then I read e-mail while eating breakfast. After breakfast and a shower, I juiced up the fresh veggies, making popsicle from the juice and kimchi from the pulp. I gathered up as many recyclables as I could hold, and carried them to the bins downstairs. I went to post, arriving at the SPC late. Cathy was there by herself setting up machines, etc. After awhile one or two others showed up. Some left early. There were only four of us for lunch. Still, we made 5 quilts today. At 2 Mary Ann and I went to the gas station, and then my place. She visited with the cats while I considered packing. I could not find the packing list I wrote months ago, but thankfully I had entered it on the computer. I printed it out. It turned out to be incomplete, and I had to add a few things. I charged the ipod and put some meditation and hypnosis stuff on it. And I charged the mp3 player. I don't remember how to change what is on it, but what is on there already is acceptable. I gave my apartment card and keys to Mary Ann so she can take car of the cats while we are gone. I packed everything on the list, including supplements. I hope airport security doesn't think I am a drug dealer. I laid out all my pairs of shorts and discovered that I have made A LOT since I came here. I picked tops to match. Mary Ann said I should lay out what I want to pack on the bed, and then pick a suitcase to fit it. But I want to get the largest suitcase the airline will allow and then see how much I can fit into it. Chris said I could use his, since it rolls the best. So I packed it almost full. Michele added a few things too since she is only taking a carry-on. Her carry-on was torn so she asked me to fix it. Then she needed a bra fixed. They weren't fixed well, but it is kinda last minute. I wanted to make one more thing, but there isn't time. I just might be able to cut the fabric and bring it along to finish in the states. I packed the three purses for Cecily and tucked a bit of velcro in the pockets to sew on later. When I finished packing the suitcase, I left it by the front door for Chris to stow in his car in the morning.
Chris came home with the mail, including a box that contained my 'organic' sunscreen and hemp oil. Unfortunately the hemp oil had a leak and it got all over the box. I'll bet Swanson's will replace it. They are a very good company.

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Love your purses your mother-in-law is so lucky! Beautiful job!
Have a safe trip and an enjoyable vacation. I hope the weather is in your favor this time! Have fun, I know everybody must be excited that your on your way.

Crissie
Martinez, CA