Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Second day

I awoke a little after 6. I dressed and went upstairs to check e-mail on Alfred's computer. But Cecily was using it. She had woken up early and couldn't sleep. So I went out to the beach and stood in the surf. The water was cold, but not too cold, and there were no jellyfish. In fact, there was nothing in the water at all, it was clear. The rising sun went behind a cloud, so I went in. Cecily let me use the computer. I prepared and ate breakfast while checking e-mail. Then I sat down under the house and did a few pages of tapping. Alfred came out to check for standing water, but he didn't find anything. When I finished, I found a broom and swept all of the wooden walk from the front steps to the pool area. That way we won't track sand in the house after washing our feet. The others had just left for the beach, so I put on my suit and followed. The water was still clear. I waded in a little, until a big, cold wave hit me full on. Then I figured I couldn't get any wetter or colder, so I swam in. I had a wonderful time floating, and swimming, and riding the waves. But after a while I got too cold. The sun was still hiding and the air was barely warm. So I went back, finding the others playing in the pool. I washed my feel off and went inside to find a book to read. I thought it better to read books already there and save the ones I had brought for later. The book I selected was called "Map of Bones" and it was missing the front cover and the last pages. But it sounded so good, I had to read it anyway. I read until lunchtime, then ate lunch. Cecily dispatched Alfred and James to go to the grocery store, and I tagged along. We went to Harris Teeter again. They did not have the bagels Cecily wanted, so we stopped by the NY Bagel store, but it was closed. We came back and unloaded groceries. It was cold inside the house, so I went outside to read. I read until supper time. We had bought 3 rotisserie chickens at the store and Becca and Cecily had prepared corn on the cob, green beans, and wild rice to go with it. After supper James and I cleared the table. We had homemade ice cream for dessert. I ate just a spoonful of Michele's. Then I went outside to read again. When it grew too dark to read, I went inside to finish. It was about 10 when I came to the end of the pages. It was such a good book. Guess I'll have to write my own ending though. Then Becca graciously let me use her computer to post this blog.

No comments: