Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

I awoke, not knowing what time it was, and it seemed early so I went back to sleep. But the next time I woke up, I saw that it was 10:30. Egads!!! I did not mean to sleep so late. Wondering if Cathy had called, I checked my phone. She hadn't, but I saw that some people called me yesterday while I was at the commissary without my phone. I had breakfast with e-mail. Then I made plans with Mary Ann. I sorted the recyclables to carry down on my way out. Chris and Michele went to drop off his car at the garage. I took my car to the DHL to get Mary Ann, and then we went to gate 17. Old gate 17, I should say. The gates have been renumbered and I don't know the new number. We walked through the subway station, and out the other side. I bought eggs where I usually buy eggs and kimchi. Then we walked around the area looked for 'Mono Mart' 'cause I read that they sell natto. We did not find MM, but we found an organic store that had it. It was more expensive than at E-mart. Mary Ann called Bob who met us at my gate. The three of us walked to my apartment. She and he visited with the cats until he had to leave. I laid out baby quilt squares on the bed. I also washed a load of fabric and put it in the dryer. When Bob left, she and I picked out some fabric that she liked in order for her to make a quilt. Now I have an excuse to buy more fabric. We cut, she sewed, we pressed. She made good progress. Then she had to go home for supper and Chris finished baking a chicken for ours. After supper, I cleared more e-mail, then sewed the squares together into a quilt top. I was watching NCIS by then. Since it wasn't over yet, I grabbed a few washed fabrics to iron. When it was over, I made Chris' sandwich, soaked my sprouts (which germinated nicely) and now it is time for bed.

No comments: