Sunday, July 17, 2011

More sewing, but at least it didn't rain.

We were a little late for church but were intent on going since neither of our usual pastors would be there. Father Gene asked Bob to read a sermon to the congregation, and we wanted to support Bob. The service was shorter than usual 'cause there was no communion, nor offering, or passing of the peace. At the fellowship time afterwards, we said goodbye to 'Doc'. I did not know he would be PSCing to San Antonio while we are on vacation. So many people have gone there from here. And church attendance goes down again.
From church, we went to the Px for elastic, and then to the commissary. We did not buy much because Michele and I are leaving Tuesday morning for the states. Chris will follow at the end of the week. I worked on the purses until Heidi called to come for a lesson. Then I cleaned it up a bit. Her lesson was on stitching elastic. After she left, I went back to work on the purses. I took a break for supper and Sudoku, then finished all but the velcro part of each purse. I took a picture, but in order to get it on my computer, I have to take off the IPod which I am trying to learn how to load with music files for our long trip. I haven't calculated how long it will take us to get to Richmond. Let's see, four international airports, 3 coach flights, 2 layovers, and a partriiiidge in a pearrrr treeeee! Hmm. maybe I ought to pack...
* Another quilt from the Tokyo show *

1 comment:

Gail said...

Have a great trip! Say hi to all the family for me. :-)