Monday, July 11, 2011

Quilting - nothing unusual

I woke up early, hearing Chris' alarm. I tried to go back to sleep, but then the cat started miaowing. So I got up to see what was the matter. I found the cat up on a piece of furniture, just fine and dandy. Since I was up, I stayed up. I worked on the shorts I started last night. Then I had breakfast, and checked my e-mail. I was working on changing a file that I intended to print out, when I got a call from Cathy. She was asking for a ride, but why so early? Only it wasn't early. It was 9am and I was behind. I showered, dressed, packed food, and headed out. It was raining up a storm. I picked Cathy up at her apartment, and we went to the SPC. We got everything set up with the help of a lady and her daughter who arrived on time. We were a small group and there were only 4 of us for lunch. I brought cheese and bean sprouts since I had so many. Helle brought a delicious salad as usual. The lady and her daughter who helped this morning disappeared for lunch, and came back later. Carla stopped in to say goodbye and to tell me that she had recruited a few new ladies for us. Yea, Carla. We found a leak in our storage closet. Luckily the only thing damaged was our box of packing paper. We were packed up by three, having made 7 quilts today. We dropped them by the hospital, and then I dropped Cathy at her apt. Mary Ann came with me to mine. The rain had almost quit. She played with her cats while I worked on my shorts. I started another two pairs. But I had to redraft the pattern to fit the fabric since the vendor skimped on the yard I bought. She left after Chris came home. He made twice-baked potatoes for supper. I checked my new e-mail and then worked on the shorts while watching NCIS. Then I made Chris's sandwich, and soaked my sprouts in preparation to go to bed.
People keep asking me when we are leaving. And I don't know. Our future seems so uncertain right now, but then has it ever been different? I guess each time we moved somewhere, I felt like it was our new home and we would stay there indefinitely. But when we came here, it was with the understanding that we would not stay. Everybody leaves, sooner or later. So I guess I am ready to have a place to call home, where we might not leave - at least not in just a few years.

No comments: