Sunday, July 24, 2011

The others arrive


I alept in until 6. I read outside for an hour or so. Then prepared breakfast. Michele was on her computer. I asked to borrow it long enough to 'publish' my blog. Then I packed up my 'stuff' and moved it downstairs. Cecily and I stripped the sheets, and pushed the twin beds together to make a king bed. We dressed it with king sheets for James and Becca. Michele moved her stuff to the computer room. She ate her leftovers from Cracker Barrel for lunch and then the rest of us ate lunch. I was outside reading under a tree when Michele and Cecily left to go to the grocery store. While they were gone, Mimi arrived in a bright yellow rental Camaro. We chatted until the shoppers returned. At 5:25 we left for church, leaving Michele at home to welcome James and Becca if they arrived. It was a Catholic service and they sang a lot of songs I didn't know. But it seems like I was the only one who didn't. I was uncomfortable but pretended not to care. When we got home, James and Becca were not there. We arrived at Uno's at 7. Soon James and Becca arrived, preceded by their kids William and Olivia. I couldn't tell who was happier, the kids or their grandparents. Such excitement! The kids were excited about going to the beach, too. They ordered make-your-own pizzas. I got the goat-cheese salad. Three people ordered dessert. Michele had me walk with her outside for a break. It was sprinkling. We talked for a bit, then resumed our places at the table. I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open. When we came home, we gathered in the den to chat. But I fell asleep on the couch and they sent me downstairs to sleep, asking me to wake Cecily by 8. I awoke several times to visit the bathroom. The moon was really bright, but not full. When it rose far enough not to shine in my window, I went back to sleep. I awoke at 6 and went outside to read. After an hour, I heard others up and about so I went in and convinced Michele to let me post my blog on her computer. Thanks, Michele.

No comments: