Friday, July 22, 2011

Thursday is Uno's

On Wednesday night I fell asleep fully clothed. Not sure when. But I awoke at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep. When daylight started peeking through the curtains, I went outside to read barefoot. Yea! No rain. It was very nice. Michele joined me soon after. She wasn't sleeping either. Isn't jetlag fun?
I read for so long that I ate breakfast around 11. After lunch we went to Kroger. I stopped by the nearby GNC to get a few things, but all they had on my list was coconut oil. The clerk regaled me with his tale of two jobs, two kids, and possible twins in the future. Then I rejoined my group in Kroger. Ah, what a wonderful thing to have so many choices - not like the commissary. I got flax seed, bean sprouts, cardamom. They had kimchi, kefir and organic eggs, but I decided to get those later. On the way back from Kroger we stopped by a convenience mart that sells kimchi. We bought two containers. Michele wants to make kimchi chigae. She asked the Korean lady there how to make it. She told her to boil it with salt and ___. Turns out the ___ is msg. Too late I thought that maybe she puts it in the kimchi. For supper we went to Unos. My in-laws have a favorite waitress who takes really good care of them. I got a goat cheese, broccoli and fig pizza on a gluten-free crust. I wasn't planning to eat the crust, but I couldn't scrape the cheese off, and figured it would be ok just this once. I wore my 20 minute pants.
After supper, we sat around reading and watching TV. I fell asleep. Michele woke me up to go to bed around 10. I woke up again really early. I stayed in bed until I just couldn't stand it anymore then went to the den to read. I watched the sun come up and then went outside to read some more. I borrowed Michele's computer to Skype Chris. I found out his plans have changed. Now he isn't leaving until Tuesday, arriving at the beach on Wednesday. This did not sit well with me, but some big meeting just got scheduled for Monday and for some reason they need HIM to be there.
Then I ate breakfast and took a shower and now I am reading my e-mail. I think we are going out for lunch.

No comments: