Monday, December 1, 2014

And so begins the Christmas season

I heard the alarm but stayed in bed to do some mental programming. When I got up, I swished and exercised without looking at the clock. I started reading e-mail. I saw that Debbie had sent out my block for December. It occurred to me that I should have a sample, so I went looking in my sewing room. I looked first in my unfinished project box, and then laughed at the idea that all my unfinished projects could possibly be in one box. I searched the sewing room with no luck. I found the leftovers from making the block 10 years ago, but no block. I came up to read e-mail and call William for tips on buying a tree. I cleared some e-mail, then juiced and made breakfast. I packed the last of the hummus and some broccoli heads for lunch. I replaced the cardboard box of sewing supplies with a strong plastic one. I moved the important stuff from one box to the other. Then I put the supplies in Chris' car. I drove to the church. The ladies were just finishing lunch. I set up my machine in the back of the room. I worked on the 'stacked books' block from October. Dinah found some of my blocks in the cabinet from last week. I trimmed them all and one was short. But two were long so I borrowed from them. Joan asked about the December block and I did not have a copy of the instructions. The ladies Bible study went long and then everyone left. So I was home by 3. I minced some fresh garlic into the hummus and ate my lunch out on the deck. Then I raked leaves in the front yard. Most of them went around the azaleas. Some went on the garden in the back. The day was so warm that I opened the windows and turned on the fan. I read e-mail and looked at artificial trees on Amazon. I chose one and added to my cart. It said if I ordered another $4 of stuff, I could get free shipping. So I parsed out another week of supplements to see what I needed to reorder. Then I added those to my AmazonSmile cart. I rearranged the branches on the tree to be in a more spiral arrangement. That was better but the effect was lost because of inconsistent spacing. I printed out the rhombus for the hexe-whatever-dron. I got out the last half of sweet potato. I melted butter over hot water and put it on the potato. I also added cranberries, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon. The effect was quite good. Maybe that will be my dish for the party next week. After supper, I read more e-mail and finished an audio. Then I sat in the den to tap and make a list of things to do as they came up. I heard the skype sound, so I went back to skype with Chris. That lasted maybe an hour. He was tired. I added a few things to my list. After he hung up, I accomplished the printing and e-mail tasks. Then I took notes for my blog so I could finish the evening doing tasks that did not require the computer. I put on some Christmas music and readied items for the mail.  I put the Christmas tree skirt around the tree.  I also ironed the quilt top in the picture, and wrapped the swap gift for Sunday. 

No comments: