Monday, April 17, 2023

A private opening of the swap shop

Sunday

I got up between 8 and 8:30. I drank hydrogen water and took the first supplements. I brushed and swished, then checked e-mail. I watered the plants. I watched short video clips on making prepper stuff.

At 11:30 I started making breakfast. Chris took his shower. I ate while looking at e-mail and finished the last of the sunflower sprouts. Then I got dressed for church. I cut up my grapefruit peel. Then I grabbed the cheese squares and my trombone and went to the chapel.

When I got there, the fill-in pastor asked if I had a key. I said yes and walked up to unlock the door. We walked in and others followed. I unpacked my trombone and chatted with Jenni. Then Saronna arrived with her kids. One of her girls handed me keys they found outside. (They were for the fill-in pastor to let himself in).

When the service started, the pastor prayed, then Saronna and I played two hymns. The pastor gave his sermon from the book of John. Then she and I took suggestions and played two more hymns. Then we all stood around and talked for awhile. Michelle stayed talking to me for quite some time, like another hour.

Finally I took the leftover cheese squares home. I ate some of her cashew cake, then changed my clothes and shoes. I went to the swap shop to open it. But Tonja got there first. We helped the man carry in his items. Then we all had a nice chat. Michelle showed up with a few things. The man left. We talked for awhile then went walking around nearby blocks.

Finally we split up. I went home. I checked e-mail. Chris put the remaining ham hocks in the oven and I made a salad. I kept reading e-mail. Finally I worked on my blog post. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Afterward, he went to bed, and I stayed up to read.

No comments: