Tuesday, April 25, 2023

What we do for fun at Dugway

Monday

I got up at 8. I got ready for the day. I checked e-mail. I listened to a podcast while ironing yards of fabric. At 10 I went to the second street house. I scrubbed the front door and did some window sills and blinds. Then I mopped all the floors except the kitchen and main living room.

It was noon, so I went home for breakfast. I made it and ate while reading e-mail. The chlorophyll got stuck in my throat again. Ugh! Chris came home for lunch. I put on an interview and ironed fabric until 3. It was a sunny day. I watered the plants I placed the bundles of fabric in two plastic bags for Tonja. I put some sprouts in a jar for Michelle. Just as I was about to leave for the school, it started to rain. So I went to the gym. Diane was there, but no one else. So we walked and talked.

When we were done, I headed to Michelle's house to give her the sprouts. The rain stopped and the sun came out. She wasn't home, but her son and daughter let me in. Her daughter helped me forward an e-mail to her.

Then I went to Saronna's house to pick up Sophia. I got caught up talking to her parents. Sophia got a book to read while waiting in my car. Then I drove her to my house. She didn't have a math book because her teacher had finished the book and apparently wasn't teaching anything else. That didn't make sense to me. I suggested that she didn't need any more tutoring, but she said she liked to come anyway. (I didn't think this was a forever thing). I had math books on hand and pulled something from one. After she completed it, we cleaned the front door and made mud to wash down a gopher hole.

At 6 I took her home. Then I took the back way to my house to see the school building which had started to be demo-ed this morning. (That's what we do for fun at Dugway - gather to watch the big machines knock buildings down).

I made a salad for supper and put the last of the beef on it. Chris made split-pea soup. Michelle came over to talk about various subjects. It was after 8 when she left. I ate a little soup while working on my blog. Then I made tea and we watched two episodes of SG1. Chris went to bed a little later and I stayed up till after 11.

No comments: