Sunday, April 2, 2023

Ears for everybody

Saturday

Chris got me up at 8. He said he slept in the livingroom so as not to wake me up when he went to bed. I got up and went to the kitchen to do the usual, but it was all out of order. I read e-mail for awhile, then he gave me a coconut oil massage. He took his shower and then I took mine. He got the laundry started.

I made breakfast a little early. I ate it and then got my sewing class stuff together. Chris carried the machines out to the car. We went to the chapel and he carried them inside. I set up the machines and checked the bobbins. I rewound a few and wound some extras.

Then at 1, the first kids came in. I traced the bunny ear pattern on the felt for them to cut out, making sure the copies were close together. But more kids came and the pattern got borrowed. I thought it was a quick project but it seemed to take them forever. I helped Wlihelm sew his together. Machines came unthreaded and I had to stop and rethread them. Tonja helped, too. Then as the LDS kids left at 1, others came in at 2. I was afraid there wouldn't be enough white felt, but we made do. One kid did not want to make bunny ears, but Jenni talked him into making a TMNT mask out of some red fabric that Isodora had.

We packed up just after three. Jenni carried the bag of notions out and Tonja helped me carry machines to my car. I went home and let Chris carry the machines in the house. I checked e-mail for new messages, then Tonja came over.

She had seen three sewing machines yesterday at the D.I. (thrift store) So I got in her truck and we went to Tooele. We went to two thrift shops. I had my little kit for trying out sewing machines. The one I worked with was not making stitches, so she got the one that didn't have a power cord. We also got fabric and a bag of pie-shaped pieces. Then we went to Joanns and to Maceys and the dollar store and Harbor Freight.

Around 7 we headed back to base, chatting all the way. She dropped me off at my house. Chris said Michelle wanted to know when I got home so I texted that I was hone and going to eat something.

She came over to talk to Chris while I ate. And she talked, and she talked. Of course, Chris talked too. Two hours later, I was falling asleep. Finally she took the hint and left. Chris finished folding the laundry while I worked on my blog. And then it was time for bed. I went through the usual bedtime routine and Chris laid down just before I finished.

No comments: