Saturday, April 29, 2023

Crystal River Hot Springs

Friday

I got up at 7. I took supplements, brushed and got dressed. I packed water bottles, and snacks and a mat, towel and bathing suit. At 8:30 I went to the company house to take the sheets from the dryer and put the towels in. Then I went to the gym to meet the van.

Erin and Tim and Brittany were there, as was the CSM. We signed consent forms. Jenni came out of the gym. We talked in the van until Kacei arrived, then we hit the road.

After 2+ hours of driving, we stopped at a Dairy Queen for lunch. I ate some of the food I brought. Then we continued on to the hot springs. When we got there, Brittany went in and bought wristbands for us. Then we went to the changing rooms and got in our suits. We headed to the pool area. Actually there were several pools of various shapes, sizes, depths and temperatures. All but one were fed from the hot springs and were high in mineral content. One was like a normal swimming pool. I was hoping it would be cold, but it was lukewarm.

At the back of the first pool we saw, there was a grotto behind a waterfall. It was a good place to sit out of the sun. The water was warm and shallow. I sat in there sometimes and explored the other pools at other times. Another big pool was hot and deep. Then there were some hot tub-shaped pools of various temps. So that's how we spent several hours.

Before 2:30, we headed to the dressing room to change back. We were quitting a little early because we didn't want to get sun-burned. I ate my pack of seaweed, then hopped in the van. When we were all gathered, Brittany drove us back to base. The ones in the back chatted together and I did Sudoku.

Once we were back, we parted ways. I went home and ate some seed crackers. I jotted notes for my blog. I read e-mail for a bit, then went to the company house to make the beds and clean the kitchen and bathrooms.

I got back about 8. After a few minor things, I took my water jug and went to Game Night at Michelle's house. Casey was still working on getting the game up and Michelle needed to vent. So I listened. When the game was on, I played it and we continued to chat. She gave me a few hints when I needed them.

At 11, I exited the game. We talked a little longer, then she carried the water out to my car and I drove home. Chris was already in bed, so I carried the water in. I unplugged the router and went to bed.

No comments: