Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Second street house is finished!

Tuesday

I woke up early and went back to bed. Later I felt Chris come back to bed. I checked my watch: 7:15. At 7:30 he got in the shower. I heard him blow his nose, then start retching. I asked if he was ok and he said yes. Later he told me that he accidentally ingested shampoo. After he left, I got up. I got ready for the day in the usual ways. I rinsed the sprouts. I checked e-mail. I made seed crackers.

I went cleaning at 10. I didn't get there until 10:45 because I stopped briefly at the post office, and then at the library. I returned a book on CD and got the next one. Melissa noticed me and came out to talk. So we did.

When I got to the second street house, I mopped the livingroom floor, then the kitchen floor. I took a bucket of hot water out to rinse one of the recycling bins, and refilled the bucket for the other bin. I didn't spend a lot of time, but they looked better. On the way home I stopped at Housing to schedule the final inspection.

I started making breakfast. As I sat down to eat, Chris came home for lunch. We spoke for a bit, then I went back to listening to something. The colonel called and asked if we could help watch the movers pack his stuff when the time comes. We said yes.

I went back to e-mail until 2. Then I took my trombone and went to Saronna's house. She was waiting for me. She told me about a public meeting that the heads were having at the church just outside the front gate. I had heard of it but thought it was just for the heads. She had a text flyer and sent it to my phone. Then we played various songs. Her husband came home and listened.

When we were done, I went home and put my trombone back in the house. I read some e-mail, then went to the gym. I walked with Diane and Tonja. Diane is selling her son's baritone. Afterward, I gave Tonja the two bags of ironed fabric. She says she has some more for me.

When I got home, it was nice to relax and look through Telegram messages. After awhile, Chris came home and started making supper. I told him about the public meeting flyer and he said it was ok to post on the community Facebook page. After posting, I made a salad and he made up some dressing to go on it. I continued reading as I ate.

I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of SG1. He went to bed, and I stayed up to read e-mail.

No comments: