Monday, April 3, 2023

Back in the game again

Sunday

Chris woke me up at 8. I lazed in bed for a bit before getting up. After the usual stuff, and replacing some breakfast mixes, I washed a few bowls and set them to dry. I mixed up a batch of cheese squares and popped it in the oven. I listened to more of an interview while looking for a source of sonic gopher stakes that will sell a huge amount at a discount. Then I pulled the cheese out. I cut off some of the crusty edge and tasted it. Chris tasted some as well. I was not impressed by the batch, and went back to reading e-mail.

I made breakfast a little early. Chris took his shower and got dressed. Then I washed up and put on my dress that looks like palm fronds. I packed the cheese squares in a container and headed out to the car. Chris brought my trombone.

We arrived just after the minister and his assistant did. It was the youngest of the three, and his assistant who plays guitar. We followed them in. I put the snack on the back table and went up front to assemble my trombone. Chris chatted with them, then Diane arrived with her son.

The service started with singing from lyric sheets. Jenni arrived with her husband. Then we had communion, and then the sermon. Afterward, I played two hymns on my trombone. I invited the guitar player to play along, but he said he couldn't read music. Then we all talked and had snack and went home.

Chris and I changed clothes. I seeded a papaya and ate it. I read e-mail until 4. Chris had an online meeting to discuss the weather tomorrow and concluded that they wou9ld just close the base for the day.

Then I connected with Terri on Zoom. We were expecting Jenni but she didn't sign in. Then we tried connecting through Google. We chatted until after 5, then hing up. There was no sign of the evening game, so I called Jenni to see if she wanted to go for a walk, and she said yes, so I agreed to drive over there.

However, just then Chris said the game was on. Sigh. So I logged in to Discord and told the team I would be half an hour late and to start without me, but they decided to wait. I drove over to Jenni's house and we walked around the school block. The temp was reasonable, but the whipping wind made it feel cold. I picked up trash as we walked. When we were almost done, Jamie pulled up and talked excitedly about her new hearing aids. Jenni joined in. I really didn't have anything to offer on that subject. So after a bit, I excused myself to go home and back to the game.

When I got home, Chris was pulling slow-roasted bacon out of the oven. I ate some with cheese squares while chatting with the team. It was John's birthday so I sent him birthday wishes. Then we played for two hours, going back to the prison and searching the few unsearched rooms left. We got attacked several times, but easily bested everything thrown at us. And then the game was called for time.

I worked on my blog and made tea. We watched two episodes of SG-1. I was falling asleep, so I went to bed. Chris laid down by the time I finished my stretches. I think I fell asleep a little sooner than usual.

No comments: