Saturday, April 22, 2023

The petroglyphs and the big fabric store

Friday

Chris' alarm went off at 6:30. I stayed in bed, so close to falling back asleep. I promised myself I could sleep in on Saturday. When Chris took his shower, I got up and washed up and got dressed. I packed up my stuff, getting it ready for the day. We spent a few minutes on our laptops, then packed them. Chris got a call from the colonel. Then we took our stuff downstairs and checked out.

We drove back to the Clubhouse. We parked around the corner and walked to the building. We kind of stood around for a bit. Then it was announced that the group going to the petroglyphs should go to the vans outside. The rest would be seated and wait for the Lil Feathers dancers. So we went outside. Some people got in a van. Someone with an SUV offered us a ride so we accepted.

It took over an hour to arrive at the site. There was nothing to mark it. Michelle and her family met us there. We stood around, shivering in the wind, waiting for the last van to arrive. There were small bags of nuts for snacks. I ate two.

We were told not to take pics because others might see them and find the site to vandalize it. Then the tribal elders went to look. Finally the rest of us walked up the hill. When the glyphs were pointed out, I was surprised how hard they were to make out. Probably wouldn't show up in a pic anyway. And, it seemed almost like it could be weather markings on rock. Except that no other rocks had those markings. We walked back down and stood around talking and trying to stay warm. Finally Michelle and I sat in her car for protection. I envied those who stayed behind to watch the dances and try beading and painting.

When the vans had loaded up, she and I headed out. I ate my pistachios while Michelle drove me to a large fabric store. Turns out it was mostly decorator fabric. We had fun looking though. I bought a few pieces of jersey. Then we went to Hobby Lobby. We looked at fabric, and a few other things. As we checked out, I realized I was very thirsty. Probably because all I had eaten were salty nuts. So we walked next door to the Red Robin and she asked for a cup of water. The bartender gave me one and I thanked him and we left.

Our next stop was half an hour later in Tooele. She dropped me off at Melanie's, which was having a Customer Appreciation Sale. While she went on to other stores, I talked to Melanie and Sheila about coming to Dugway. I also shopped for a few things I needed, but they didn't have everything. Then Michelle showed up in the store. I introduced her to Melanie and Sheila and we talked about having them come on June 2nd. Melanie showed me how to mix up Bach Flower Essences so I could see how it works and spread the word so we have a good turnout on June 2nd.

After I paid for my purchases, we headed back to base. When she dropped me off at my house, I brought my purchases inside, then got the bag of food from last night and handed it to her. Then I called Chris at the office to find my laptop. He said it was in his car. So I went to the parking lot and discovered that his car clicker was broken. I knocked on the door and he came out and used his regular clicker to unlock it. I took out my suitcase, laptop etc and put them in my car and went home.

I unpacked, then set up my laptop and turned on the internet. While I listened to Mike Adams and then Del Bigtree, I ate salad and fruit. I worked on my blog post for today and yesterday.

Then I emptied the water container and went to Michelle's house for game night. Her husband had it set up already. So I sat on the couch to play. He and she kind of watched, and chatted. She looked up hints when I needed them. I cleared a few games. Then I exited because it was 11pm. He filled up the water container and she carried it out to my car while I carried the two jars of sprouts. When I got home, Chris had already gone to bed. I left the water in the car and brought in the jars. I rinsed the sprouts well, then turned off my phone and the internet and went to bed.

No comments: