Sunday, April 30, 2023

They're back!

Saturday

I got up around 8. I took the drops, then brushed and swished. I rinsed the sprouts and the mung beans which had soaked overnight. I cleaned up my blog post for yesterday. I watched a presentation:

Diabetes is caused by excess PUFA's in the fat cells. That's how they make lab mice diabetic in order to test new medications for diabetes. It is good to take charcoal, reduce soluble fiber and resistant starches, and eat more simple carbohydrates.

Chris took a shower and we went to Tooele. We shopped at the usual places then went back to base. We stopped at the commissary. We ran into Diane's husband who is selling their son's baritone. I ordered a case of kombucha because it is always sold out when we get there.

On the way home, we stopped at the post office. I picked up some air filters there. At home, we unpacked the car and put the food away. I made breakfasts and listened to a podcast while I ate. I also listened to several short audios on climate change and the importance of CO2 to plant life. One expert said El Nino has more effect on global warming than any emissions humans produce. The trees of the world absorb 2x the CO2 than humans are producing.

Brian and Johnnie texted that they had arrived and were setting up their RV. She needed sheets, so we went through the closet and found a queen set. Then we went over. They welcomed us. He showed us the new bells and whistles he'd added and the effective mouse trap. Then we sat inside and talked for hours. He told us of his experience with Chat GPT. I asked if it could write a song about quilting. It did, but there was no tune, so it was just a poem.

Tiffany texted to let us know that she'd had strep throat and 24 hours of antibiotics. I talked to Chris about it later and we decided not to go to her party tonight. Instead we took grocery receipts to Tonja for her app. Then we went home and fixed our own suppers. I read e-mail and listened to a podcast.

While I was reading e-mail, I saw a post on the Dugway Facebook page about a playground being vandalized. The pic looked like one of ours so I told Chris about it. He made me call the Dugway police. Then I read the comments underneath and near the bottom, someone said it wasn't on Dugway.

Chris left to help the colonel carry something. Then Michelle texted that she wanted to come over and show me something. When she knocked on the door, I noticed police cars outside. As I came out, Chris and the colonel were unloading stuff for the swap shop into our garage. The colonel asked me to clean his kitchen when he moves out. There was some discussion of other things, then he left. By then the police were gone as well.

So Michelle showed us a website she was building called KNOWbodys of Dugway. It is supposed to be a place to get answers about Dugway. I asked how come the colonel dropped his stuff at our house instead of taking it to the swap shop where I could open it for him? She did not have an answer to that.

She and I loaded his stuff into her SUV and dropped it off at the swap shop. Then she took me home. I made tea and Chris and I watched an episode of SG1. He went to bed while I worked on my blog. Then I read and went to bed.

No comments: