Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The proof is not in the yeast

Monday

I got up at 8. I got ready for the day. Chris left the bread machine out, so I put in ingredients for a loaf. I tried to proof some yeast but it did not do well. I could smell the beef he had in the oven.

I sat down to read e-mail. I saw the postmaster had posted that someone left bags of stuff in his area. So I got dressed and ran down there. He must have moved it to the swap shop door. I peeked inside the bags to make sure they were not trash, then moved them inside the swap shop. At 10 I went to the second street house to clean. Chris called me at that moment so I had to add 5 minutes to my cleaning time. I worked on the windows in the back and in the front.

At 12:05 I went home for breakfast. I expected Chris to come home for lunch but he never did. I checked the bread machine and the loaf was small. I ate and read e-mail. The liquid around the beef boiled off so I turned the oven off. I took the meat out and put more water in. I made

some memes and sent one to Michelle. Then at 3:30 I went to the gym to meet Diane. We walked around the school block. Then I went to the second street house to do a few outside windows. Then I went next door to get Sophia and her math book.

I took her to my house and we cleaned my car including the trunk. I wiped and she vacuumed. Then we did math, or rather she did math. She had an assignment to finish. She spent the whole time on one problem. For that problem she had to draw a table and graph some points. But the numbers were large and her square of paper was in 8ths of an inch, if that big. She knew what to do so I didn't have to coach her. But wrestling to get the numbers in the table and on the graph was time-consuming.

At 6 I took her home. Jamie was cleaning next door so I stopped to talk to her for a few minutes. Then I went home. Chris was there, having supper. I ate some fruit and read e-mail. I worked on my blog. I put the meat away then made a salad and ate it.

I heated tea and we watched the last episode of SG1 season 5 and several episodes of Have Gun Will Travel. Chris soon went to bed and I stayed up to watch a film depicting the 'near' future. It was dystopic. Then I went to bed.

No comments: