Sunday, April 16, 2023

'Tofu-ifying' is now a word

Saturday

I got up around 8, then got ready for the day. I replaced the water for things that are rooting. I rinsed the sunflower sprouts. I wrote two e-mails to tell Chris' staff about some ideas. I looked at e-mail and listened to some interviews.

At 11:15 I asked Chris for a coconut oil massage. He complied, then took a shower. Then I took my shower and got dressed. I made and ate breakfast. I got my stuff together for sewing class. Chris carried three sewing machines out to the car. Then we both drove to the chapel. He stopped on the way to pick up the mail.

I unlocked the door and he carried the machines in. Tonja was right behind him. He left and we started setting up. Before I set up the last machine, Sgt Richards came in with hers. Tonja helped her get it threaded and ready to go. I started writing the directions on the board. Jenni came next and then other kids arrived.

Saronna brought her kids. Three of them wanted to sew. I helped them choose their wedges. I helped Wilhelm sew his together. Tonja worked on making a sample bag. I helped the girls sew theirs. Isadora took hers home to finish, said she wasn't feeling well.

As students finished, I took their pics for posting to the album on Facebook. Tonja stayed late with me as I made extra circles. I was hoping the kids would make extra as practice, but none of them did. Tonja helped me clean up all the leftover wedges. Sadly they were not well cut, but for $1 at the thrift shop, they were good enough. Tonja took home the box of fabric that Sgt Richards donated.

When I got home, Chris brought in the machines. I finished listening to something, then made cheese squares. I used some chopped up onion stalk from the flowerbed. While they baked, I rinsed the sunflower seeds over and over. They are nutty and crunchy, but the clinging bits of seed husk are a little bitter. I ate bunch of the sprouts.

I watched videos of a lady tofu-ifying different kinds of seeds and beans. Pumpkin sees worked well, raw peanuts not so well. Then I worked on Telegram messages, then moved to working on my blog. I made tea and we watched episodes of SG!. Then we made the bed with clean sheets. Chris retired for the night and I stayed up to read.

No comments: