Saturday, April 1, 2023

Took longer than expected

Friday

I got up around 8 and got ready for the day. Then at 9, I went to the company house. I think one of the bedrooms was still occupied. There were two loads of sheets and towels on the floor. I put a white load in the wash, and went home.

I read e-mail until 10:30 and went back to the house. There was another set of sheets in a pile on the floor. So I made that the second load. I realized that the dark load inluded a duvet cover that the man must have stripped from his bed. I was not happy. I went home. I read some e-mail but also watched a few duvet videos, noting the fastest and the easiest way to recover a duvet.

I made breakfast and ate. I went back at noon. The washer was not done. I put sheets on two beds. I found the vacuum in the closet and and swept. The washer was still not done. It was set on extra rinse, but that shouldn't have taken another half hour. I stopped it and moved that load to dryer. I had been there 40min when I went home.

I finished breakfast and made a grocery list. We went to Tooele, listening to the book on CD. We shopped at the usual three places, plus Joanns for pink felt. We went back to base, and stopped at the commissary. We found organic salad dressing, and ran into Saronna. We went to the post office, then unloaded groceries at home. I went to the company house to put wet towels into the dryer.

When I got home, Chris was on the phone with the colonel, I heard him mention my name, but after the call, Chris did not tell me anything. I read e-mail for an hour, then went back to the house to finish up. It took me 20 minutes to get the duvet back in its cover. In the videos, it only took 3 or 4 minutes. I put a tea towel in the kitchen since they don't seem to have one. 35 minutes later, I left and went home.

I made supper, and filled a bottle with tea. I took the muffins from Sunday and the water container and went to Game Night at Michelle's house. Her husband talked about Knife Night. We found a new category of puzzles so I got to start at the beginning and went up to 21. I stayed until 11 or so, then came home. Chris was still up, but I hurriedly did my blog and went to bed. He did not. He must have stayed up late and slept in the living room.

No comments: