Sunday, April 9, 2023

Nice weather

Saturday

I got up at 8:30, glad the company house was finished and I didn't have to go back. I got ready for the day and watered the plants. I uncovered the microgreens and moved them to a window sill because they were large enough.

Chris gave me a coconut oil massage, then took his shower. I took mine, then made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail for a bit.

I went through the donated fabric and pulled some pieces. I texted Tonja, and she came over to see the fabric. We talked. We tried the electronic sewing machine again. It made a nice left-hand stitch, but rarely responded to finger pushes to change the stitch.

We went for a walk and picked up trash. Later she went home. I read a little more e-mail, then put on my wire-wrapped headband and raked gopher mounds outside in the sun. I removed the gopher trap and stirred up the compost pile. It was amazing to think that the weather was so cold and snowy on Monday and Tuesday that we had to close the base. And now I am doing yardwork in a t-shirt.

I watched a bunch of hydroponic videos. Many of them used a hole saw to make a line of holes in a piece of covered rain gutter. They filled the gutter with liquid fertilizer and put the plants in the holes.

I had some beef and mushrooms over quinoa for supper, and then made a salad. I worked on my blog. We watched two episodes of SG1. Then we made up the bed with clean sheets. He went to bed and I stayed up reading articles and then putting some sunflower seeds in a dish to soak.

No comments: