Sunday, June 9, 2024

Fish, mice - what's the difference

Saturday

I got up around 8. Chris was still gaming at ACS. I took supplements then read e-mail. Chris came home around 9, the longest game yet. I asked for a massage and he gave me one. Later I took a shower. I watered the plants.

At 11, I took seedlings and went to the garden. I spent an hour fine tuning the irrigation system, then I planted corn, beans, peas and tomatoes. I buried dead mice under the corn for extra nutrition. I also checked all the other gardens looking for leaks. But only one had a timer set up. Then I put the new bucket trap between the garden sheds to catch the mice that were infesting them.

I went home and had breakfast. Keli texted that she didn't want me to clean today. I was relieved. I read messages for far too long. Chris took me to his office to make copies of hymns for Sunday because the library was closed.

Michelle and I decided to go to the pool. I showed up first, with my clock. I propped it against the fence but a gust of wind promptly blew it down. Then I propped it against the roll of pool cover and it stayed. I started swimming laps. Then Michelle and Casey showed up. After that it was more fun to tread water and talk.

After an hour, I got out and talked to Quinsana and her son. Then I took my clock and went home. I changed into dry clothes. I ran to the commissary for sliced olives, but they were closed. I stopped by Jen's house and brought home the foam container. I ate the chicken but threw out the rice and potato salad. Then I ate some of the ground beef and mushrooms that Chris made for me. He also roasted cauliflower. And I made a carrot salad.

I put away the food. I went back to reading articles. Later I made tea and sat in the livingroom. I played through the hymns on my trombone. I fidgeted. I went back to my laptop and continued reading until he called out. Then I went back to the livingroom and we had a 'discussion', then watched two episodes of Walker Texas Ranger.

Chris went to bed. I got ready, then climbed into the recliner with the headphones to listen to the sleep track. But sleep never came. When it was over, I went to bed.

No comments: