Thursday, June 20, 2024

Fourth gopher this week

Wednesday

I woke up around 7, noting that Chris was still in bed. Oh right. It's a holiday. I got up to start coffee morning. It was odd having Chris in the house, but he stayed at his laptop all morning. I did my exercised, read for half an hour, then did rounds of tapping and meditation. Afterward, I washed dishes, vacuumed and mopped.

I fertilized the plants at home. I moved the tomatoes back to their original places. The dead gopher from yesterday had been moved from his hole. I watered the hole and another gopher came up, the third one this week. He did not survive.

Chris called the internet repair guy because we had no internet. Just as the man arrived, I went to the garden to water. There was no extra frost damage. I uncovered the tomatoes and thought they might put out new leaves now that the old ones are dead. There was a gopher hole near one row. I put the hose in it. After a minute, I saw dirt flying in the pathway on the other side. There was a gopher kicking out dirt with his back legs. I threw a weight down. I moved it, then reached in and grabbed the tail. The gopher was quite alive. So I threw it in the bucket trap, which had water. He swam, but that won't last.

I emptied the bucket trap between the garden sheds and refilled it with water. I went to 403 to see Jamie but she had just left. So I spent an hour cleaning floors, then went home.

I texted Michelle and she said to meet her at the gym at 4:20. So I read messages and articles until then, then met her at the gym. I worked out while she talked to me. She wants to do some photo set-ups at a large mall in SLC on Sunday. I told her about the gopher.

I went home. I heated half a gallon of goat milk to 100F, then put it in the dehydrator to keep it at the right temperature. I went to the garden to get the gopher. I watched my irrigation system turn on. I brought the gopher home and placed it in a hanging basket to dry out.

I made tea and listened to a podcast until Chris was ready. Then we watched two episodes of WTR. He went to bed and I stayed up to separate the cheese from the curds. Then I got ready for bed and put on a sleep track and climbed into the recliner. I fell asleep then woke up in silence. Which was surprising after noting it was 3 hours long.

No comments: