Saturday, June 1, 2024

Setting up irrigation

Friday I got up around 7:30. I read e-mail. I checked Facebook. I posted to Facebook for the sewing class and project night. I got dressed and watered all the plants.

I called Terri and we caught up on each others lives. I made and ate breakfast. I added to the grocery list. Jamie came over and we took the hose reel to House #2. We hooked it up to the water and she ran the sprinkler end over to the apple tree.

We left the water on and went our separate ways. When I got home, I got ready for shopping. Chris and I got in the car and stopped at the post office. I had to sign for a package and got in a conversation with the clerk. Then I took my packages out to the car and we headed to Tooele, listening to the book on CD.

We stopped at WalGreens for a watch battery, but they didn't have the right size. Then we went to the bank. Chris cashed a check his parents sent him for his birthday. Then we hit Luckeys, Melanies, and Macey's. On the way out of town, we stopped at Birch Pharmacy and they had a battery with the right number, but not the letters CR. I bought it anyway.

When we got back to base, we stopped at the commissary for a few last things. Still no coconuts. Then we went home and unpacked the food. I went out to turn off the water to the apple tree. I also went to the garden to water and to empty the dead mice from the trap.

When I got home, I whipped up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven. I also made a salad. I called Jamie to get something I had lent her. I went over and we had a nice chat and she gave me the box. Then I went home. I read more e-mail while I ate the salad. I made more seed cracker mixes. I took notes for Myst V. I worked on my blog.

I went to Michelle's house for Game Night. I took her some cheese squares. Casey had the game up. As I played, she told me how the German guy was using the fart spray that they had given him. It was not nice. But we had fun laughing at it and imagining other ways to use it.

I worked on raising the floor in the Great Shaft and turning on the fan the steam pipes in the first age. But I had trouble getting the gears to respond to the mouse. So that's where I left it around 11:30. Michelle gave me the fixings for cheese squares because she wants her own batch. He let me borrow his fart spray to use on the gophers. I pray that it works.

When I got home, Chris was still up. But he shut down his computer and went to bed. I got ready for bed, then unboxed the BluShield device that came in the mail. First I plugged it in in the bedroom, then found out it has a bright LED light on it. So I moved it to the hall. Then I went to bed.

No comments: