Friday, January 16, 2009

$2000 on fabric?

When I left the apartment this morning I was greeted by a heavy snowfall. It was beautiful. However I almost needed an umbrella. I slipped and slid my way to post where Pam met me and we went to Gate 19 to meet the others. The quilt group had been given $2000 to buy fabric and supplies for making baby quilts and Quilts of Valor. We also had 90 days to do it, and they were about up. So, off we went to Dongdaemun, the fabric mecca. We were a little slow getting started, but soon realized that at $3 a yard, we really had to do some serious selecting to spend that much money. Before noon, we had amassed quite a pile of fabric and batting. Then the merchant threw in a large box of scraps in appreciation of our business. Some of us bought fabric for ourselves and were given several yards each of fabric. It's a great place. I can't wait for our next get-together when we open the box he gave us.
This evening Michele and I walked to the coffee shop where our Korean friend tried to teach us Korean last week. Only this week Chris came along. She went over many things, and I don't remember many of them, but I took notes. Some of it I just don't understand. Some of the sound differences between words I can't hear. But I am keeping with it all the same. Michele is a big help because she has been taking Korean in school.

No comments: