Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hats all, Folks

Again, like yesterday, I did not feel the need to sleep in. I made three more blocks to add to the design wall. I made a hat and a half and a scarf. I cleaned a little, took out recyclables, etc. I kept finding one more thing to do such that I didn't get to the thrift shop until after 11. At lunch time we took a cake break. One of the charities we donate clothing to gives us cakes that have been donated to them. We finished up about 1:30 and I went over to the middle school to drop off my cafeteria request sheet. Having nothing else to do on post, I walked home. Then I got on my computer and wasted a lot of time, but hey, I did clear out over 200 old e-mails. Then I finished the half a hat, only to discover that, like the first one, it was too small (although bigger). Then I made a scarf hat from the remaining piece of fleece. Anybody need a brown fleece hat? Or 2?
Whle watching a movie called Split Infinity, I cut up the 8 yards of fabric that the quilt group bought for their block swap. I calculated it by the square inch to get 15 equal pieces out of it. Phew! Glad that's over.

No comments: