Monday, January 19, 2009

OSAN!

So here it is Monday. Chris and Michele have the day off. Chris wants to go to Osan Air Force Base to buy a coat. Michele wants to stay home. I want to see the Bx I've heard so much about but was closed when we went on Thursday. So off we go.
Chris and I met his coworker along the way, so it was the three of us. I was wearing two coats and was comfortable outside but too warm inside the train. There was a movie poster above one door with 2 faces on it. Using my elementary Korean decoding skills, I sounded out the name next to the male face. Buh-ray-duh Pea-tuh. Oh, Brad Pitt. Next to her face, I saw Kay-ee-tuh Bel-lon-shess. Was that supposed to be Kate Blanchett? I could not make out the title of the movie. It started with Ben.
We got to the station and took a cab to the base. Then we walked to the BX. They were all sold out of men's long coats. The wonderful sewing section I had heard about was merely an endcap, less than what we have in Yongsan. They had a selection of women's boots. TWO. Stylish, but not practical. I was disappointed to say the least.
So then we walked to Chili's for lunch. The weather had warmed up to the point where I only had to wear one coat. But still 2 pairs of gloves. We had a nice lunch. We walked to the main gate to look off post for coats. But Chris quickly lost patience with walking and looking. He wanted to know exactly where the coat shop was and just go there. But I didn't know where they were, so we caught a cab back to the train station. We got home about 4. Chris and Michele went to feed the cat. I laid down for a while. After supper I got up and fixed Chris' coat, for the FOURTH time. This time I also stitched over the seams I thought would tear next. I told him he'd better buy himself a new coat because I wasn't taking that lining out again.

No comments: