Friday, January 16, 2009

(Have a seat) x 4



We slept late this morning, partly due to the curtains keeping out the daylight and partly due to the TV in the apartment upstairs keeping me awake. I called Andrea to find out if she had found her son, and she had. Thank God. Then she told me how she had rescued 4 chairs that were being thrown out near the school. She had heard my story of the gov't wanting their chairs back and took pity on me. These chairs are in good condition except for two that have tears on the back or seat. That I can fix. So way to go, Andrea! She brought them over in her van.
I spent the afternoon watching movies on my 'new' VCR while ironing all the fabric I bought on Tuesday. I also made a handle for the teacup and started hand-quilting the coaster.
Then we went out to eat with Hyon and Tim. They took us to a Korean restaurant that served ribs barbequed over hot coals set into each table. According to Korean custom, there were many side dishes, including 3 kinds of kimchi, mushrooms, squash, lettuce and sesame leaves, and dipping sauce. Afterwards they took us back to their apartment for chocolates and orange sections. We had good conversation and a wonderful time. We drove home about 9, stopping along the way to feed Nancy's cat while she is away. Hyon gave us a bag of clothes that she cleaned out of her closet.
When we got home, Michele and I divided the items between us.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Oh, I love hand-me-down clothes!