Saturday, January 10, 2009

The good and the bad.


Today I got up early to check my e-mail before my daughter awoke. That way I can be finished with MY computer before she wants it. Then I took a shower and somehow managed to lightly sprain my back. However, that did not stop me from washing the fabric I bought yesterday and other laundry for a total of 4 loads. I finished adding 4 inches to that pair of pants that shrinks every time I wash it. I also did some more work on the wall hanging. Basically I made more pieces to play with. I used double-stick tape to hang a piece of flannel on the wall next to my bathroom and laid out as many pieces as I could. I think I have found an arrangement I can live with. And I am pleased that the flannel hasn't fallen off the wall. Yet. I would have put it in the sewing room, but I can't reach the walls in there because there is furniture of some description in front of every wall.
Then I took a break to watch Pride and Prejudice, which was a gift from my secret sister. It is close to bedtime now, but I may do a little more sewing before retiring for the night.
Checking my blog I see that Linda has posted a picture of the heart block I sent and writtten some very kind words. To see for yourself, visit her blog at www.sewgratefulquilts.wordpress.com.
P.S. The bad is the annoying music coming from upstairs. The good is finally having a design wall.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Oh, the heart quilt patch is so pretty! It makes me think of candy. I like candy!