Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sew finally


I arose early this morning to start washing all that fabric I bought yesterday. In between loads, I picked up around the apartment. Andrea came over for a sewing lesson just after 10. She wanted to make a baby quilt out of an alphabet panel. Easily enough done, but we talked so much that it took 4 hours. After she left, I got on the computer for awhile, then finished a little quilt top made of blocks of the month. I had cut so many pieces for the demonstration that I was able to make 3 blocks. So I made one more and put pieced sashing strips in between. I taped it to the wall in my sewing room for some color.
Then I searched the internet for a pattern for a quilted teacup. I have made them before, but my pattern is in storage. Chris told me to just buy another one, but they don't seem to sell it anymore. So I spent the evening drafting one. It isn't quite right, but pretty close. The cup is mostly done, now I need to work on the saucer.

1 comment:

Pat said...

YOU ARE ALSO A QUILTMAKING MACHINE!
PAT