Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's curtains for that chair


I went to the thrift shop to help out. I was an hour later than I had planned because there was always one more thing to do before leaving the apartment. While I was at the thrift shop, Alison showed me a drapery panel that someone had donated. There was only one and she didn't know if they should try to sell it or not. I told her it would look good on a set of chairs I recently acquired. And so I bought it. For some reason the picture is below. She talked me into buying the two pillows that were very similar. So with that big bag of stuff I didn't want to be walking around to all the places I had planned. I went directly home. Tomorrow I shall make the rounds.
Planning the chair recovery was quite a job because one has to center the motif, both on the chair seat and on the chair back. I have to use the fabric as wisely as possible to have enough for all four chairs. I only got one done, and nothing else.

1 comment: