Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Do you like totally remember the 80's?

Today was the AFSC luncheon. The theme was the 1980's. Everyone was encouraged to dress up. There were some wild costumes there. Princess Diana, Richard Simmons, Cindy Lauper, Janet Jackson, The Judd sisters, Bo Derek, Jane Fonda, and Tina Turner were just some of the look-alikes there. We had a great time listening to '80's music, too. For lunch we had a potato and salad bar, apparently reminiscent of the 80's. Rubik's cubes were mentioned and a high school senior was brought in to show how fast he could solve one. At one point he was working the cube without even looking at it. It was a lot of fun.
As usual, there were vendors selling their wares beforehand. I bought lots of fabric. After lunch Pam and I went to the Px. Christmas stuff was 75% off. All I bought was posterboard. That was fun carrying home along with 44 yards of fabric.
Michele did go to school today although she was not eating as much as usual. I am glad for that. She and her father watched movies in the evening while I sewed some blocks together. I also mended Chris' coat, for the third time. I think it is just old and the thread is falling apart.

No comments: