Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mailing a fortune

Wednasday. A day to stay home, only I didn't. Couldn't really, it was the last day to register for the monthly luncheon and you have to do that at the Chosun gift shop, which is only open two days a week. They close at three and I barely made it. I spent the earlier part of the day making a small gift to be mailed. I don't think that person reads my blog, but I am not sure, so I will describe it in the loosest of terms. It was a fabric fortune cookie. I'd never made one before, so I had to experiment a little. Then, how to wrap it to be mailed? Will the post office even send such a small package? Then, off to the gift shop, then to the thrift shop (its right next door, so why not?), then to the post office. They DO mail such small packages! OK, next: the Dragon Hill. I picked up two January USO flyers. Tina wanted one, so I stopped by her house. Her son was sick so she was home. We perused the flyer and some she had. There is also an expat's flyers club offering a half day flying lesson for $80,but she declined. We decided on the Tiger Indoor Water Park. Then I helped her do a muslin fitting of a skirt pattern she is drafting. Just before 6, she and I and the dog walked to my walk-in gate and I went home from there. Chris and Michele were watching movies he'd gotten at the library. I got on the computer and finished listening to an e-book. It wasn't that great, but I had never done it before and it was free.
One of the things I miss most here in Korea is being alone and quiet. There are always people sounds everywhere I go and especially here in the apartment. The people upstairs are cleaning during the day and have the TV on all night. The post is full of people. I want to sing or scream but I'd be disturbing someone. But today, I heard the lady upstairs plunking at the piano and I decided to throw caution to the wind and play my trombone. If she (or anybody else) didn't like it, they kept it to themselves.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Good for you! Make yourself HAPPY!
Pat