Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What husbands are good for.



Last night was the worst yet. Each night I listen to a meditation Cd with headphones. Even with headphones on, I could hear the TV from upstairs. Every night this happens. It doesn't bother Chris at all, so I figure it is my problem. But last night at 1 in the morning I had had it. I got out of bed, grabbed my pillow and retired to the futon in the computer room. It was quiet enough that I could think about something other than the TV upstairs. Chris then got up, got dressed, and went up to talk to the man. Very soon he was back and the TV was way down. And I finally got to sleep. I love my husband.
This morning, instead of sleeping in, I listened to my medition CD again (it was quiet this time) and then got up and started cleaning. I planned to go to the thrift shop, but didn't because I seemed to have the sniffles. Tina called later to ask if I knew why the thrift shop was closed. I didn't, and was glad I didn't go. I got more cleaning done. I did take a break when I discovered that washing the wallpaper paste off the lintels wasn't working. When the lintels dried, the paste reappeared. Great. I tried alcohol, a wet dryer sheet, vinegar, hot soapy water, and a metal scrubbie. Very limited success, or incomplete failure. I rearranged things in the kitchen and threw out unneeded papers. I cleaned the stove and told Chris he should buy a week's worth of microwave meals. Ha! Michele came home today with her cap and gown. She tried them on and was disappointed in the length. After supper, I went to Adele's house where the quilters met to work on unfinished projects. We basted Cathi's quilt and generally had a good time talking. I got home a little after 11. I am looking forward to a quiet night.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Michele looks good!!