Monday, January 5, 2009

We are truely gifted.

Monday is quilt day and since it was the first Monday of the month, we all met at someone's house, in this case, Deena's. Deena has the cutest little dog named Scooter. Scooter is paralized from the waist down, so he pulls himself along on his front legs. He moves quite quickly, too. They have a little custom made cart that they use to take him for a walk. It has wheels and supports his hind legs.
Deena had food prepared and everyone said how good it was, but I still had no interest in eating. We exchanged Secret Sister gifts and I got a tub of popcorn and the DVD "Pride and Prejudice". When we broke up around 2, Tina asked if I'd like to go to E-Mart with her. So I did. We had to travel through the subway station to cross under the street. In that station we found the Korean pretzels that I'd been looking for. I bought 2 packages. Then we finished our trek to E-Mart.
We stopped in the grocery store section to buy some snacks for Michele's lunch. We stopped by the eyeglass place to get Tina's glasses adjusted. Then we stopped in the clothing and sundries section to look at coats, socks, books, whatever. After buying a small handful of items and feeling a little disconnected from reality, I decided I needed to be home. So we walked back to base, and just missed the bus to my gate. However, Deena had just returned home from picking up her kids and gave me a ride. I was very tired when I got home and laid down. When Chris got home, he announced that gifts had come in the mail. They were from my sister. She'd Sent Christmas in a box. There was a tiny tree and mini ornaments and a string of lights on a battery. Also, a cd of Christmas songs and holiday scented candles. She included Sudoku books as a birthday present to me, and checks for each of us for Christmas, and an oversized pen and pencil for Michele. There was also a Christmas game and a folding wheeled cart. Wow!
After a small bowl of soup, I spent the rest of the evening on my computer while Chris and Michele discussed the intricasies of applying to colleges whose deadlines are imminent.

No comments: