Friday, January 9, 2009

Fabric shopping

A group of quilters gathered at gate 19 to go to Dongdaemun. Thankfully Andrea gave me a ride. It was soo cold. She didn't go with us, she just wanted to show me what she was looking for - conversation heart fabric. Tina didn't go either, she was sick, but she wanted a French curve. SO I had some things to look for. There were 4 of us, and we had a good time. We perused quiting fabrics, and fleeces. We bought some, and passed up others. I bought some red and pink for the next block of the month. It is hard to find a red and pink that go well together. My best bet was to get a red and pink print and then match either the red or the pink in it. SO that's what I did. Now I have to wash them.
When I got home, I checked my e-mail as usual. And as usual it took far longer than it should have. Then I made myself get started on that wallhanging project I cut the pieces out for the other night. I'll scream if I don't get SOMETHING up on these blank walls. Well, that was fine for a while, but then at a critical point I had to make a decision - surround each block with 4 large triangles, or 8 smaller triangles? I laid a mock-up of each on the cutting table, but couldn't decide. So I wandered off to other things (namely lengthening the pants that get shorter every time I wash them). Finally Michele came in and gave me her opinion and I could get busy again. But then it was time to go to bed.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for answering my question about the curtains. Sounds like you've had the flu. Glad you were better to go fabric shopping. Speaking of fabric, Joyce gave me the lovely heart block and fabric for the Quilts of Love. You are a dear. Go to www. sewgratefulquilts.wordpress.com to read my post about you. Thanks for the fabric and blocks.

Fern said...

You are welcome. It was my pleasure.

Gwenda said...

So which is it, 4 triangles or 8?

Fern said...

I went with 8. Michele preferred that.

Pat said...

I have heard of fabricaholics but I believe you have become a fabric DEMON! You have having such a ball "over there" you may not want to come home. ENJOY, ENJOY!!! Life is too short!
Pat