Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A day at home



There was nothing I HAD to do today on post, but I wanted to mail a Mother's Day present at the post office by the thrift shop. Said post office will NOT be open tomorrow (just like it was closed yesterday). But for some reason my back decided not to cooperate so I spent the day in my sewing room instead. I cut more charm squares and sewed another panel of 80. I also made the saucer that I had cut out for class several weeks ago. I had to water the flowers twice, they drink so much. I should cut the stems every day, but don't always get to it. And I persued a thought that keeps recurring. I think there are many many things in our everyday world that we don't notice consciously. So when they are gone, we only notice it on a subconscious level. Things just don't feel right. The examples that come to mind are building standards. Windows and doors come in standard sizes, as do countertops, distances between outlets, etc. Move to another country, and those standards aren't there. I have been thinking that it might apply to other facets of life over here as well. Maybe roadways, plants and animals, slant of the sun, etc. are all subtly different. Myabe that is why I feel so out of place here.

No comments: