Thursday, May 7, 2009

Luncheon



This morning I finished watching "Shakespeare in Love", then got ready for the luncheon by packing a tupperware container with bean salad. I also had a package ready to mail. So, after catching the post-run bus, my first stop was the Main post office. Then I walked by the library to exchange a paperback. I took it to the bus terminal to read until the next bus was ready. That is when I discovered that it was missing the first 25 pages. Oh well, I read it anyway. Then I took the next bus to the thrift shop. That's where the luncheon was. The food was good, and we heard the speech about how in an emergency we should count heads, then get everybody to the main post theatre. Don't know who came up with that plan, seeing as there are much closer places we could go, but that was the word handed down. So ok. Then Mary Ann and I had a chat. We chatted until everyone left, then went to the new store that just opened on post. It was like a little dollar store with Korean products and priced in won. But they wouldn't take won, just dollars at some inconsistant exchange rate - so they wouldn't have to deal with pennies. Then we went to the furniture store, just browsing and talking, until finally she had to go pick up her son. Then I went home and read for awhile until Chris came home. We had supper, watched a movie called "Next", and called it a night.

No comments: