Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring Blocks


After making sandwiches, I went back to bed because I stayed up so late last night. I didn't wake up again until 9:30 - the time I had hoped to be at the thrift shop. Ok, so after showering and checking e-mail (which took longer than necessary because the router needed rebooting), I left the apartment and went to post. I went to call Tina and noticed that Adele called, so I called her and she had a message for TIna. She also reminded me about exchanging spring blocks tonight, so I went back for them. On the way back to post, I remember our charm square exchange, so went back AGAIN. By the time I got to the thrift shop, it was after 11. But at least I had everything I needed for all the activities of the day. After 3 hours at the thrift shop, MaryAnn and I decided to go to lunch at the Katusa snack bar. Although I had planned to do some more cleaning, we sat there and talked until almost 5. Then I walked to Ingrid's house for our block exchange. We had a great time exchanging blocks, trading charm squares, eating potluck, and helping to baste quilts. I left about 7:15 to go to the high school for the band concert. It was good and well attended. I spoke with Michele's guidance counselor for a few moments afterwards. She has a map of the U.S. on the wall to show where each of the seniors will be next year (for those that know already). She said it is the most popular bullitin board in the school. Then Chris picked me up as I was walking back to the apartment. He and Michele were watching "The Patriot". I spent the rest of the night clearing out e-mail.

No comments: