Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day



Chris woke me gently by scratching my back. Then we got up and showered. Since we have refreshments for church, we got up early to slice and package them. I bought a basket at the thrift shop to hold the rolls. Chris made pork and cheese burritos the night before and wrapped them on plates. We also had two jugs of juice. We carried all this to church and left it in the fellowship hall until after church. I was disappointed in how the rolls turned out. Some weren't done and didn't rise much either (the ones in the 9x13 pan). But people ate or didn't and then we cleaned up and stopped by the commissary for our weekly grocery shopping. Chris ran in while Michele and I sat in the car. Back at home, we put away groceries. Chris asked if I wanted to do anything for Mother's Day and all I wanted was to see a movie called "Marley and Me". I heard it was a sad movie, and Chris didn't want to see me cry so he just dropped me off and picked me up two hours later. It was sad, but only at the end. Then we went to the Px for elastic, and back to the commissary for a tomato plant. At the apartment I planted it in a pot formerly inhabited by a pointsettia. We'll see how it does. Here is a pic of the plant and the rose they handed each mother at church.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

I think your rolls look GREAT!!

We got one single carnation at our church. I told the Brethren next year the sisters want chocolate!!

Fern said...

Chocolate sounds good to me, too.