Monday, May 18, 2009

Queen for a Day



The theme of this months luncheon is Queen for a Day. So the quilt group decided to come with a quilt or quilt top wrapped around us as Queens of Quilting. There was a photographer there to take portraits. So the whole lot of us in our quilts had our photo taken. The upshot of this is that I started making a quilt top last night and finished it this morning with no time to spare. Each participant was invited to dress like a queen so I didn't know quite what to wear. I eventually decided on a green dress to match the quilt top I made. I was a little late meeting Pam at the gate. We got there a little after 9 and I headed to the cash machine to prepare for a large fabric purchase. There are vendors who sell things before the luncheon starts and one of them sells fabric. So I got 12 packets. My favorite is the popsicle fabric. I think it is a Hoffman. Then we gathered for our photo op. From there we went into the ballroom which was set up for the luncheon. What looked like decorative chair covers turned out to be short royal cloaks, which we got to keep. We also got tiaras and scepters. And the tables were strewn with jewels, which we took home. It was quite a sight. There were prizes and a fairy tale that encompassed the installation of new officers. Lunch itself was not impressive, just finger sandwiches and stuff.
Anyway, afterwards I found out that several of the things I thought were my job as president (and I was feeling stressed about getting done) would be handled by the vice-president. Whew! What a load off my back. I went home and washed, dried and pressed all my new fabric. Then I read a book and finished it. Ah, the bliss.

No comments: