Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ice not so cold






I had started working on Andrea's bag last night. This morning I got up and finished it. See my sample and her bag in the picture. Just as I was about finished, she called to say she was coming to pick me up. So I put on my fleece skating outfit and got my skates. We went to gate 17 to catch the train to Sedong and another to Jamsil. What a huge place! The skating rink is in the bottom of three stories of amusement park, and open to all of it. So it isn't as cold as I expected. The fleece outfit got too hot to bear, and Andrea being the kind of person who would give you the shirt off her back, did just that. Then when the zamboni machine came out, we left the rink for lunch at Omuto Tomato. We split a rice and chicken whatever-it-was. Then we walked back toward the station and bought icecream cones along the way. When we got back to post, she gave her daughter the bag and her daughter was thrilled. When I got back to my apartment, I laid down for just a moment and fell asleep. I woke at supper time. I spent the evening cutting charm squares from fabric scraps for Thursday.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

The outfit may have been too warm, but you sure look good in it!

Love the bag!

Fern said...

Thanks, for both comments.