Monday, May 11, 2009

Only meeting this month

Today was our only regular quilt meeting for this month. All the other Mondays are taken. So we (the few, the proud, the quilters) made as many as we could. We six finished and delivered 10 baby quilts. We also cut strips to make kits for a whole bunch more. Next time we get together hopefully we'll have another whopping success.
I spent the entire time cutting strips and batting, so I was tired when I got home. I also brought a lot of leftover squares home to mix and match into quilt tops for next time.
Next Monday is our last luncheon of the year (until next fall). The theme is "Queen for a day" and I have been googling queen costumes for what seems like hours now. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I have already considered wearing a boat on my head (the QE II) and wearing a white swirl (Dairy Queen). So be creative and help me out.

No comments: