Friday, May 1, 2009

Flowers


This morning Chris surprised me in that he took our grill to work. Maybe it's 'Take your grill to work' Day? Anyway, after loading it in the backseat of the car and driving off, he came back later for the hotdogs. He called me to have me take them downstairs to meet him. Then my friend Andrea came by and we went to the flower market at the BUS TERMINAL. She drove and we parked in some subterranean place. Then we walked around not knowing exactly how to get there from here. But we found it. It must have been 9:30 by then. That doesn't seem late, but being that it is a wholesale market, much of the stuff looked picked over and a little dry. But we each came home with an armfull. My armfull made 5 bouquets. I had to empty a milk container and a tomato juice container to have enough vases. After making bouquets, I did my daily computer rounds and then returned to sewing charm squares. I now have two panels, both taped to walls to give this place some color. Chris came home from work bearing leftover food from their cookout. Michele ate that, but we went to a party Chris had just been invited to. We had to walk there from Gate 17. It was in a nice apartment and I was glad to see my friend Hannah there, because otherwise I wouldn't have known anyone. We talked all evening. We kept getting more food as they put out new stuff. But finally we came home after 3 hours. So much for not being gone long. But hey, Chris had lots of new people to tell his old stories to. Afterwards he just went to bed. I am still up enjoying all my new fragrant flowers.

No comments: